First of all, we apologize that a transaction was declined when using your card. That's never fun. We've provided a few things you can check and troubleshoot here before emailing or calling customer service.
1) Did you activate your card? All physical cards need to be activated before they can be used. You can activate your card by clicking here or by calling 1-855-449-2273. For more information on card activation, visit this article.
2) Do you have enough money on your card? To learn about ways to check your card account balance, please visit this article.
3) Did you enter your PIN when attempting the transaction? You may have entered an incorrect PIN. You can change your PIN by logging in to your account here. We also recommend trying to bypass PIN entry by selecting "Credit", selecting "No" or pressing "Enter" when the PIN is requested or asking the attendant how you can avoid entering your PIN. For more information on setting your PIN visit this article.
4) Were you trying to making a purchase online or over the phone? You may have provided incorrect billing information. We recommend that you log in to your account and check the address listed on your account. The address listed on your account is used for billing address verification for online transactions. For more information on using your card, see this article.
5) Did you use your card at a gas pump? If so, you need at least $100 on your card to "pay at the pump". Alternatively, you can go inside and prepay for your gas.
6) Your card may be restricted at certain merchants, merchant categories or locations. The sponsor organization who provided you with and/or loaded your card may have placed restrictions on where the card can be used. You can reach out to your sponsor to find out if there are any such restrictions, or you can contact customer service at email@example.com or 1-855-449-2273.
7) You might have exceed a daily limit, especially if you received a decline for an ATM withdrawal. You can view transaction limits here.
8) Reach out to us. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 1-855-449-2273.